calibre-smtp - calibre-smtp
calibre-smtp [options] [from to text]
Send mail using the SMTP protocol. calibre-smtp
has two modes of
operation. In the compose mode you specify from to and text and these are used
to build and send an email message. In the filter mode, calibre-smtp
reads a complete email message from STDIN and sends it.
text is the body of the email message. If text is not specified, a complete
email message is read from STDIN. from is the email address of the sender and
to is the email address of the recipient. When a complete email is read from
STDIN, from and to are only used in the SMTP negotiation, the message headers
are not modified.
Whenever you pass arguments to calibre-smtp
that have spaces in them,
enclose the arguments in quotation marks. For example: "/some path/with
- --fork, -f
- Fork and deliver message in background. If you use this
option, you should also use --outbox to handle delivery
- --help, -h
- show this help message and exit
- --localhost, -l
- Host name of localhost. Used when connecting to SMTP
- --outbox, -o
- Path to maildir folder to store failed email messages
- --timeout, -t
- Timeout for connection
- --verbose, -v
- Be more verbose
- show program's version number and exit
Options to compose an email. Ignored if text is not specified
- --attachment, -a
- File to attach to the email
- --subject, -s
- Subject of the email
Options to use an SMTP relay server to send mail. calibre will try to send the
email directly unless --relay is specified.
- Path to a file of concatenated CA certificates in PEM
format, used to verify the server certificate when using TLS. By default,
the system CA certificates are used.
- Do not verify the server certificate when connecting using
TLS. This used to be the default behavior in calibre versions before 3.27.
If you are using a relay with a self-signed or otherwise invalid
certificate, you can use this option to restore the pre 3.27 behavior
- --encryption-method, -e
- Encryption method to use when connecting to relay. Choices
are TLS, SSL and NONE. Default is TLS. WARNING: Choosing NONE is highly
- --password, -p
- Password for relay
- Port to connect to on relay server. Default is to use 465
if encryption method is SSL and 25 otherwise.
- --relay, -r
- An SMTP relay server to use to send mail.
- --username, -u
- Username for relay